Fræbbblarnir eru líklega fyrsta íslenska pönksveitin, stofnuð í Kópavogi haustið 1978...
- - - - -
The band was formed 1978 in Kopavogur, close to Reykjavik, the second largest town in Iceland. The band was heavily influenced by the punk / new wave in England and US, especially by bands like The Stranglers, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Jam, The Damned, Elvis Costello, Ian Dury and Alberto Y Lost Trios Paranoias, Television, Specials, Madness, Blondie to name a few, and probably forgetting someone important. But not forgetting bands from the 60's like the Kinks, Troggs, Manfred Mann, Herman Hermits, Rolling Stones, Animals and Pretty Things.
Fræbbblarnir were never part of the fashion, cult, clothes, look or social standings that was sometimes connected to the punk scene, the band was simply part of the drive towards simple, melodic, happy and powerful rock music at the time.
The 1980 album "Viltu nammi væna?" (Would You Like Some Candy, Dear?) is a classic (not only in our modest view) and recent releases, for example the album "Dót" (Stuff) from 2004 received excellent reviews and the song CBGB's is probably the band's most played song ever. The 1981 EP "Bjór" (Beer), critising the now unbelievable ban of beer in Iceland while other types of alcohol was readily legal and available, definately helped lifting the band in 1989, we believe.
From the band's web-page (May 2, 2016)
- Valgarður Guðjónsson: lead vocals, guitar (1978–present)
- Arnór 'Assi' Snorrason: guitar (1981, 1996–present)
- Ríkharður H. Friðriksson: guitar (1978-1979, 2012-present)
- Helgi Briem: bass guitar (2001–present)
- Guðmundur Þór Gunnarsson: drums (2009–present)
- Iðunn Magnúsdóttir: vocals (1996–present)
- Stefán Karl Guðjónsson: drums (1978-2009)
- Kristín Reynisdóttir: backing vocals (1996-2005)
- Brynja Scheving: backing vocals (1996-2005)
- Dagný Zoëga: backing vocals (1978)
- Óskar Þórisson: vocals (1978)
- Ellert Ellertsson: bass guitar (1996-2000)
- Tryggvi Þór Tryggvason: guitar (1980-1982, 1996-2000)
- Steinþór Stefánsson: bass guitar (deceased) (1980-1983)
- Kristinn Steimgrímsson: guitar (1981-1982)
- Þorsteinn Hallgrímsson: bass guitar (1978-1980)
- Ari Einarsson: guitar (1979-1980)
- Hálfdán Þór Karlsson: guitar (1978)
- Barði Valdimarsson: guitar (1978)
From a Wikipedia-page on the band (May 2, 2016)
|Ríkharður H. Friðriksson||Gítarleikari||1978||1979|
|Ríkharður H. Friðriksson||Gítarleikari||2012|
|Valgarður Guðjónsson||Söngvari og Gítarleikari||1978-09|
Tengt efni á öðrum vefjum
Jón Hrólfur Sigurjónsson uppfærði 2.05.2016